While we seek to tailor this role to the strengths of the selected candidate, areas you may be responsible for include the following:
- Day-to-day management of a portfolio of programs such as WikiAfrica Education and others, including management of contractors and grantees
Steering thought leadership activity
- Advising the CEO on strategy, particularly concerning education programming
- Development of new programs, including funding proposals
- The drafting of the Foundation’s annual impact report
- Supervision of communications activities
- Drafting and editing of thought leadership materials
- Active participation in recruitment, finance and other organizational processes
The successful candidate will have completed his or her postgraduate studies at a high level, and have at least 5 years’ work experience. He or she will be able to demonstrate:
- A strong track record in education, creativity and non-profit work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably Italian
- Proficiency in the use of standard office software
- Ability to work autonomously, proactively and meet deadlines
- Capacity to work alone and as part of a team in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Extensive experience procuring and managing contractors, including consultants, academics and local NGOs
Strong research skills, and experience applying them to complex, international research projects outside of one’s field of expertise
- Strong knowledge of social innovation methodologies
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience working with NGOs in Africa
Interest in the arts and culture
Prior experience in non-profits and / or consultancy is preferred.
Date Issued: 4 July 2019
Closing Date: 5 August 2019
Job Title: Program Manager
Working For: Moleskine Foundation
Location: Milan (flexible)
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Successful candidates will be contacted in the same week and asked to attend an interview during the first week of September 2019.
Barring unforeseen circumstances, the contract will start in Mid-September 2019. Our standard working hours are 9.30am-6.30pm.
Please send your CV and an accompanying cover letter (max. 300 words) in English, as separate PDF documents, to: email@example.com
Applicants invited to interview will be asked to prepare a short presentation – further information will be provided ahead of the interview.
Due to the volume of applications expected, it will unfortunately not be possible to contact unsuccessful candidates with feedback. Please assume that your application was not successful if you have not been contacted by 5 August 2019.